Thursday, May 2, 2013

Red Onion Aftermath

As a vegetarian, sandwich options are a bit limited for me. They are usually just veggies and cheese and maybe some hummus, and that can get boring. A common addition is red onions, which are tasty and add a nice zing to the meal. However, for the rest of the day I feel like I have terrible breath, and also my hands smell like onions. I chew gum, and brush my teeth and drink a ton of water and wash my hands but it takes forever to go away. For that reason I really dislike eating raw red onions.

UPDATE: You can SOAK red onions in ice water for 10-15 minutes before using and that removes a lot of the bite and harshness from them. I'm cooking this recipe tonight and I'm using that trick. Hope it works or the rest of the night will be horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment