Sunday, December 23, 2012

Crazy Christmas Drivers

I love Christmas. Who doesn't? I love the spirit, the music, the beautiful lights everywhere... But I hate (HATE!) all the crazy people driving around. I'm not sure if they only drive during the month of December and are out of practice, or if they are too busy belting out Christmas carols to check their blind spots, but it seems like Christmas and the associated shopping really brings out the worst in drivers. Parking lots become war zones, with every spot worth battling to the death for. Cars zoom out of side streets across two lanes of traffic. Every mall and shopping center entrance causes a traffic jam for a mile in advance. And if you think I'm exaggerating the last piece then you obviously were not driving through Connecticut yesterday. What a mess! Luckily I'm holed up inside today eating my mom's cookies and watching Christmas movies. Here's hoping we don't run out of hot cocoa, because there is no way I'm driving anywhere today.

No comments:

Post a Comment