Friday, September 14, 2012

Text Message Spam

I don't get too many text messages, maybe 2 or 3 a day unless I start a little conversation with someone. So I get pretty psyched when my phone makes the little "bleep" noise that signifies a new text. It just happened like 3 minutes ago and I was like, "Ooooo I wonder who that is!!" It was SPAM. Bustoskarate@aol.com wanted to let me know that the "Back to Busto's" One Day Sale is TODAY! Also if I join BBC membership [whatever that is??] I will get get sparring gear FREE! OMG I AM SO EXCITED THAT I-- oh wait I'm not excited at all.  First of all I don't think I want to go to a karate place called "Busto's." I'm pretty much picturing Rex Kwan Do. Secondly, and more importantly, don't send me text message spam! My texts are a special place for my friends to make my day happier by 160 characters, or perhaps to quickly convey a small amount of information. I don't need to know about karate sales or any of the other things I have received spam text messages about (usually XXX sites, so actually this one was pretty tame by comparison). I don't like spam in general, whether by snail mail or email, but for some reason it seems more annoying by phone than any other way.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this post mainly for the Rex Kwon Do reference.

    ReplyDelete