Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Difficulty Walking up Stairs

I don't mean to brag, but I'm in pretty good shape.  This past Saturday I did a 40 mile bike ride followed by a 4 mile run, then on Sunday I did a 12 mile hike and ran 3 hilly miles after.  I'm not saying this to make you feel bad that you spent the holiday weekend laying on the beach drinking beer or went to four barbecues and ate your weight in potato chips (I'm jealous, btw).  I'm telling you this because I just walked up three flights of stairs and I want to die.  I mean, I'm out of breath and my quads are burning and I do not understand it. What the heck! *gasp*

2 comments:

  1. different muscles? or maybe your just used to cardio and not strength? idk... btw, jealous you can do all of that, you're my inspiration Stephanie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Jade said, plus muscle fatigue. Stairs get me every time, but especially a few days after long rides. Even if I'm not sore or tired, the muscle fatigue is still there.
    ~ Heather

    ReplyDelete