Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sudden Bad Realizations

Like, for example, when you're halfway through your commute, and you see yourself in the window of the subway car, and you simultaneously realize that you 1) forgot your lunch, and 2) wore the same outfit two days earlier.  Sigh.... Please don't judge me.

There are other bad realizations to have, like remembering something that's been on the stove for too long and is now burned onto the pot. Or that you forgot to call your grandmother on her birthday, or that you accidentally sent an email to someone you should not have, or that you have a dentist appointment in 30 minutes.  All of these things have happened to me, and it's usually a random moment of sudden clarity instantly followed by horror, shame and/or panic.  Why is it that I can remember lyrics to a song I haven't heard in 8 years, but I can't remember to take the rice pilaf off the stove?

No comments:

Post a Comment