Tuesday, May 15, 2012

That You Can't Un-Push Elevator Buttons

Sometimes you get into an elevator and you accidentally push the wrong button. Maybe you're used to going to 4, but today you have an appointment on 5. You push the button for the fourth floor before remembering that's not where you're going that day. Don't you wish you could just un-select 4? Or sometimes I push the down button to leave for the day, and then realize I left my cell phone on my desk, so I need to run back and grab it. I wish I could undo my elevator call so that people don't have to stop at my floor and wonder what happened. Of course, I would not always use this feature for good. If anyone ever got in to go one floor I'd probably unpush their floor's button because they should really be taking the stairs.

6 comments:

  1. Did you know that the "door close" button is disabled on most elevators?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes but only because you told me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about people that show up after you're waiting for the elevator on the ground floor and push the button AGAIN!? Yeah, thanks asshole, I was just standing here admiring the marble, I'm not also waiting for the elevator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yes! I want to say, "Do you not see the little light that says I've already pushed the button??" Pushing it again will not make the elevator come faster (although I wish it worked that way). One of the buildings on campus has the worst buttons; you can never tell if they are lit up, and I always feel awkward walking up to check if the up or down has been pushed. Worst design everrr.

      Delete
  4. This is the post I was looking for...
    The elevators here at Adobe have buttons that can be selected and unselected. Did you select 11 but wanted 12? No problem, just push 11 again and you will not stop there. Hmmmmmm, I wonder if it just keeps going if you dont select another floor.....brb...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that is AMAZING! Can I come work for you?? That's awesome. PS Glad you can finally post comments! I look forward to many more :)

      Delete