Thursday, January 27, 2011

When People Don't Clean the Snow off the Top of Their Cars

Okay, I recognize that I have some (er-- a lot?) of irrational hates. This one, however, I believe is not only warranted, but it's also a dangerous practice (and illegal in some states). I hate (HATE!) it when people are driving down the road with a huge pile of snow on top of their cars. I know we have gotten a lot of snow recently and that it can be tough to get all the snow off the top of your car. Luckily I drive a short car and even though I'm not very tall I manage quite well with a long handled snow brush. But that shouldn't be an excuse for you to drive around with a foot of snow on your roof. My main complaint is that it is dangerous! That snow is not going to stay on there forever, and I can't even count the number of times I have been on the highway and seen a giant chunk of icy snow come flying off someone's roof onto the road. What if it hit my windshield? It could crack the glass or block my view causing me to panic and veer and crash into someone else. Seriously, this is not a safe practice. It could also slide down over your windshield if you come to a sudden stop. So if you are one of those tiny women in the giant SUVs, either get a step ladder, a tall spouse who can do it for you, or get a smaller car (preferably one with good gas mileage).

No comments:

Post a Comment