Tuesday, August 31, 2010

People Who Wear Sunglasses Inside

I just realized that half of the entries start with "People who..." But that's fine. I don't like people much. That's why I love babies. They aren't quite people yet.

On to the hate of the moment. I hate people who wear sunglasses inside. Unless you have a migraine or some other kind of photophobia, you look like a ridiculous tool. I was flying back from Oregon on Sunday and there was a guy on the plane wearing sunglasses. I thought maybe he was sleeping and just put them on to block out some of the light (even though the cabin was quite dim). But then he got up to go to the restroom and was still wearing his sunglasses. I don't get it! Granted, I don't always want to have a good look at an airplane bathroom, but you at least need to see where you are going. How else are you going to aim for the toilet??!

Then on the T this morning, I got into the car and the lights were off. We were above ground and it is a very sunny day so it wasn't such a big deal. I stood there reading my deliciously awesome trashy novel, sunglasses perched on the top of my head. Then we went into the tunnel. The lights in the car were still off. I don't know if any of you have ever experienced this, but with the lights off, it was really dark. Too dark to read. Too dark to see the opposite side of the car, except for all the people playing with their smart phones. And yet, at least 3 people on the T still had sunglasses on! One of them was definitely asleep, so he has a Get Out of Jail Free card. But this Asian chick sitting near the door was clearly wide awake (and potentially staring at me glaring at her but whatever) and still wearing sunglasses. What is the point except to pretend that your sunglasses somehow make you cooler than everyone else on the T. Let me tell you a little secret: YOU LOOK DUMB. And now I hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment