Monday, July 26, 2010

The T at the End of a Hot Day

The last few weeks (months? I am losing track of time) have been quite warm here in Boston. We're talking upper 80s or lower 90s and very high humidity. Needless to say, even a brief journey outside will leave you sweating. As a friend told me recently, it even makes you want to get to work just to be in the air conditioning. I'm not here to complain about sweaty people. Some people due to no fault of their own (usually) tend to sweat more than your average person. Overweight males tend to sweat more than the rest of us. People in really good shape will actually sweat more than average, too, because their cooling mechanisms are more efficient which allows them to workout longer and harder. That being said, there is nothing worse than being on the T during rush hour at the end of a particularly sweat-inducing day, having to press up against someone, and having your face forced into some guy's sweaty stinky armpit. Tall people may not understand this, but as I stand at only 5 foot 3.55 inches, I am at prime armpit height.
GROSS.
Okay that's all for now. I have to go get on the T.

No comments:

Post a Comment