Saturday, April 24, 2010

Scrunchies

Dear Women of the World, Back in the 1980s there were a series of poor fashion trends made by the entire world. Such items included neon nail polish, jog suits, and acid wash jeans. Luckily, most of these have disappeared from the fashion lexicon. However, scrunchies seem to not have disappeared quite yet. I know they are less likely to be caught in your hair and are more gentle, but really, ladies... they are just not attractive. One of my old roommates and I always text each other when we see scrunchies because they are so ridiculous looking. There is a girl in one of my classes and she wears a scrunchie every day. Sometimes in class I get so distracted by it that I lose track of what is happening in lecture. I'd like to take her aside after class one day and hand her a package of regular hair ties, and let her know what's up.
Once, on a bus in Boston, I saw a girl with a scrunchie in her hair sitting right in front of me. I laughed about it to myself and then something caught my eye. I realized it was a pink tag. I thought that was pretty weird, because I didn't think scrunchies had tags, but then I realized the tag said "low rise small." On closer inspection it also said Victoria's Secret. I was like WHAT!?! It was a thong! A black lace THONG in her hair. Above is a picture I snapped with my cell phone. You can't see the tag unfortunately. But seriously, that is an extreme walk of shame right there. Did your hair look so bad that you had to put it up, and you were at a strange guy's apartment and didn't have a hair tie and you were so desperate that you put your thong on your hair??? That is really desperate. If there's one thing I hate more than scrunchies, it's underwear worn inappropriately as a scrunchie.

1 comment:

  1. haha what a funny post. you're so observational! I find scrunchies ugly too.

    ReplyDelete