Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Girl at my Gym who Wears Velour Sweatpants and a Sports Bra

I belong to the YMCA, and there are a fair share of strange people there sometimes. I'm sure I do some things that other people think are weird. But there is one girl at the gym who regardless of the season, always wears velour sweatpants and a sports bra with no shirt. For those of you not well versed about commonly used fabrics, Wikipedia describes velour as a "plush, knitted fabric or textile" that is "popular for warm, colorful casual clothing." Notice the emphasis on WARM. If you are so hot and warm at the gym while working out (and I know a thing or two about being warm and sweaty at the gym) that you feel it necessary to remove your shirt, why the F* are you wearing velour sweatpants?? I know for a fact that there are many brands of athletic clothing that make cooler alternatives, such as thin cotton pants or leggings. And, actually, you may not have heard, but the latest in gym wear are these funny things called shorts. They're like pants, but shorter. If you need more help with the concept of shorts, just let me know. I'd be glad to demonstrate their usage to you the next time we're at the Y. I'll bring an extra shirt for you.

UPDATE: This morning (April 15) she was at the gym wearing velour pants, a sports bra and a SKI CAP. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment